NEW AUDIO: Debunking the NAK “Quran Scholar” Scheme
In the Name of Allaah, the Most Beneficent, the Ever Merciful…
The Friday khutbah (sermon) may be the only time to reach many Muslims. With this in mind, it is essential that the khateeb (the one who delivers the khutbah) deliver it in a way that accomplishes the goal of reminding the Muslims about essential matters of Islamic belief and practice, encouraging them towards goodness and warning them from all types of evil.
As the best guidance is the guidance of the Messenger of Allaah (may Allaah raise his rank and grant him peace), let us extract from his amazing teachings three relatively easy ways a khateeb can significantly improve his delivery of the Friday khutbah and make it as effective as possible, as it relates to the style, level of involvement, and length.
1 – STYLE: The Khutbah Should be a Passionate and Moving Admonition, not an Academic Lesson!
Jaabir ibn ‘Abdillaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that when the Messenger of Allaah (may Allaah raise his rank and grant him peace) would deliver a khutbah, his eyes would redden, he would raise his voice, and his anger would intensify, to the point that it was like he was warning of an imminent military invasion! 
Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-’Uthaymeen (may Allaah have Mercy on him) explained: Continue reading
- How Many Rak’ahs Did the Salaf Pray for Taraaweeh?
- Recources for Monthly Lessons at Masjid as-Sahabah (Columbus, OH)
- 16 False Narrations About Wearing Turbans (Imaamahs) [Updated]
- Another Fabricated Hadeeth from Anjem Choudary: “Whoever Insults a Prophet, Kill Him!”
- A Biography of Shaykh Muhammad Amaan Al-Jaamee
- Speak the Truth or Stay Home [Shaykh Muhammad Amaan al-Jaamee]
- Do not Refer to Deviant Groups Using Their Chosen Names of Self-Praise
- Qassim University Accepts 149 International Students (2014-2015)
- Links to 25 Universities in Saudi Arabia
- Arabic Language Scholarships Available at King Saud University in Riyadh (2015-2016)
- List of Accepted Students at Imam University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (1435-1436)
- List of Accepted Students at the Islamic University of Al-Madeenah 1435-1436 [2014-2015]
- Shaykh Ibn Baaz: How to Give Da’wah to Those Affected By Specific Misguidance
- Shaykh Fowzaan on Frauds Who Pretend to Have Islamic Knowledge
- Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen: Anyone Who Claims to Know When the End of the World Will Occur is a Disbeliever
- A Hadeeth Which Defines When the End of the World Happens? [The World Will Only Exist for 7000 Years?]
- But We Need a New Approach in Today’s Dawah! [Shaykh Ibn Baaz Responds]
- Nutmeg, the Well Known Spice, is an Intoxicant (Khamr)
- Baseless Hadeeth: “Take Half of Your Religion From ‘Aa’ishah”
- Calling to Good Manners Firstly is Contradictory to the Prophetic Dawah Method [Shaykh Saalih al-Fowzaan]
- 15 Points of Advice for Those Intending to Perform ‘Umrah
- Wiping over Headwear (Turbans, Caps, Khimaars) for Wudhoo’
- Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen on Removing Part of the Footwear and then Continuing to Wipe Over it
- Shaykh Saalih al-Fowzaan on the Claim that Allaah Cannot Do All Things
- How to Pray in a Chair When Needed [Shaykh Saalih al-Fowzaan]
- People of the Sunnah are Humble and Clear About Their Sources
- An Important Principle of Tafseer Repels Misunderstandings About Quranic Passages
- Shaykh Saalih al-Fowzaan on Statements of Yasir Qadhi
- Menstrual Cycle Starts After Beginning an ‘Umrah – What to do
- Tafseer Benefits: The Scholars are Authority Figures
- Once they replace our scholars, where will they take us?
- Scholarship Students in Saudi Arabia Should Reflect
- The Five Basic Human Rights (Or Essentials) Islaam Safeguards and Honors
- List of Accepted Students at Madeenah Islamic University, Saudi Arabia 1434-1435 (2013-2014)