In the Name of Allaah, the Most Gracious, the Ever Merciful…
Candidates who apply to universities in Saudi Arabia are usually asked to have some of their documents certified or attested by the Saudi Embassy, Consulate, or Cultural Mission of their home country.
The following information has been made available by the Saudi Embassy in the United States to assist Americans in authenticating their documents:
For verification of university degrees, the following should be sent to:
Saudi Cultural Mission
8500 Hilltop Rd
Fairfax, VA 22031
- Name of applicant & Social Security number
- Name of Employer.
- Name of the Courier Agency.
- A letter stating the reasons of for requiring Authentication.
- A copy of the employment contract.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport.
- A certified copy of the applicant’s college/university degree.
- Updated official transcript (in a sealed envelope).
- Name of the college/university and telephone number of the registrar or the records office.
- Verification letter from the registrar’s office including applicant’s SS#. (School ID number), and the telephone number and the contact person in the registrar’s office.
- Written consent to allow the Saudi Cultural Mission to verify the degrees.
• Nurses and physicians are required to provide a copy of their practice license, and the telephone number, for confirmation of the validity of license.
• For any other certificate or diploma, the place of training and the telephone number of the contact person is required.
• For more information please call:
- (571) 327-2332
- (571) 327-2351
- (571) 327-2520
NOTICE ON SENDING DOCUMENTS TO THE SAUDI ARABIA EMBASSY BY MAIL
Include a prepaid return label and envelope (from FedEx, UPS or U.S. Postal Service only) with the return address label filled out completely. A proper prepaid return envelope must include a “PRE-PAID” label. Return envelops showing only account numbers are not accepted as proof of prepayment. Credit cards, checks, money orders or cash will not be accepted for return mailing. Any package without a proper pre-paid return envelope and label will be put on hold until a proper return envelope is received. It is the applicant’s responsibility to determine the EXACT return shipping costs. All labels must have a tracking number, and applicants are advised to keep both incoming and outgoing tracking numbers for their records.
Source: “Document Certification”, a publication by the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia, July 2013.